Sunday, January 24, 2010

A television program which I like to share with you guys.

Hello again my apprentices. I am very sure you guys are aware of the current affairs around the world. So, I am sure you kinow about the Haiti earthquake. I was changing channels aimlessly when I came across a programme that caught my attention. The show was called'Hope For Haiti Now'. It was telecasted 'live' at about four in the afternoon yesterday on the MTV channel and the National Geographic Channel.


It was hosted by George Clooney and was about two hours long. They invited famous and talented musicians and performers from all around the world to perform on the show in hopes of raising money to aid the victims of the disatrous disaster. Many people(which I think are famous although I do not know them)were waiting to answer every call made by donors. Basically what they did were that they showed were people singing, a host reporting the current situation in Haiti, interviewed some of the fortunate survivors of the earthquake and showed some images of Haiti as it is today. They also included the hotline to call to donate some money. Apparently, I forgot the hotline numbr but those who want to help the victims of Haiti, I am sure there will be a encore of the event.


I am extremely grateful to those people who performed in the event, the organisers of the event and the people who donated to help. Those people who performed in the event deserve a very big thanks as they spent some of their very valuable time doing something good. You may think that they are definitely used to performing but they practiced all the moves and other difficult moves within a period of a week. Well, I hope you had enjoyed this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment